Apartheid Racism and the ethnic cleansing and genocide it causes is the worst manifestation of racism
- as practiced by Israel today and for 66 years against the Palestinian people
- as practiced by Apartheid South Africa which was expelled from African football Confederation in 1958 for reason of Apartheid Racism
Apartheid as practised by Israel means:
- Players arrested, tortured and jailed without charge for several years. (International Mahmoud Sarsak best known case)
- Players attacked shot, maimed and disabled ( Best known case Jawhar Nasser Jawhar, Adam Abd al-Raouf Halabiya, 17 )
- Football Stadium has been deliberately bombed and destroyed (most recently on 26 November 2012)
- Football and other sporting equipment supplied by FIFA seized by Israel (Details is The General’s Son by Miko Peled)
- Unable to play international matches “At Home”
- Unable to organise national league or cup competitions
- Unable to travel to watch or support their national team at “home” or “Away” matches
- Football Against Apartheid believes that football fans through out the world must unite to bring apartheid racism to an end.
The governing bodies of football rightly proclaim that racism is a scourge on our sport and rightly tackle incidents of racial taunts by players and fans, but to date:
- The Football Association (FA) has taken no action to end apartheid racism, its massacres and ethnic cleansing (read Ilan Pappe)
- The Union of European Football Associations (UEFA), despite the president’s pronouncements against racism has taken no action against apartheid despite protests at UEFAs offices, on the contrary UEFA has rewarded Israeli Apartheid with prestigious UEFA tournament finals
- FIFA , despite all its talk of fighting racism allowed Apartheid Israel to enter football via the Oceanic Football Confederation and UEFA after Asian Football Confederation expelled it for racism in 1974
- FIFA congress in Sao Paulo in Brazil on 10 June 2014 will hear a call from the Palestinian Football Association to expel Apartheid Israel and its genocidal ethnic cleansing from FIFA.
- FAA puts anti-apartheid football fans in touch with others to establish new groups at every Football Club, world wide. We organise short joint (home & away fans against apartheid) recruitment campaigns for an hour before matches.
Activism in football
Democracy in football